Immersing your device or exposing it to a significant amount of water for an extended period of time will damage the product. That being said, accidents happen.
Troubleshooting your Device:
If you accidentally expose your device to moisture, follow these 10 steps:
- Be sure your device is powered off with the safety in the SAFE position.
- Point your device in a safe direction away from your body, and remove the battery pack.
- Safely remove the TASER cartridge from the device.
- Let the device dry out thoroughly for at least 24 hours. Do NOT use an external heat source such as a microwave, oven, or hair dryer.
- Pointing the device in a safe direction and ensuring the safety is switched to the SAFE position, reinstall the battery pack.
- Wait 1 minute. Confirm that the device is not getting warm.
- Arm your device. For the Pulse device, shift the safety to the up (ARMED) position, or slide the safety cover to the open (ARMED) position on the Bolt/C2 devices.
CHECK: At this point, if the device discharges without the trigger being pulled or pressed, move the safety to the SAFE position immediately and remove the battery pack. Return the device to TASER Self-Defense per the return policies if it’s still under warranty.
8. If the device does not discharge once armed, check the battery indicator light.
9. Perform a spark test and allow the device to run the full 30-second cycle. Confirm that the targeting laser and flashlight are functioning. Observe for a consistent pulse rate and that the cycle stops at 30 seconds. Repeat the spark test twice.
CHECK: If the trigger (Pulse) or button (Bolt/C2) is not working, battery indicator is not responding, or the device is not running a consistent pulse rate at a 30-second interval, move the safety to the SAFE position immediately and remove the battery pack. Return the device to TASER Self-Defense per the return policies if it’s still under warranty.
10. If the TASER device is functioning normally, move the safety to the SAFE position – your unit is now back in business. If you have additional questions or concerns, contact support by visiting the Help Center.
Got questions? Sound off on Facebook and follow us on Instagram!
TASER, Bolt, Pulse, and C2 are trademarks of Axon Enterprise, Inc., some of which are registered in the US and other countries. For more information, visit www.axon.com/legal. All rights reserved. © 2018 Axon Enterprise, Inc.
Facebook is a trademark of Facebook, Inc., and Instagram is a trademark of Instagram, LLC.