From getting to and from the airport to the annual holiday parties to ring in the new year, ride share apps have become a part of everyday life! Be sure to stay safe this holiday season with these tips:
- Share Your Trip. If you can, it's best to travel with a friend. But if you are traveling on your own be sure to share your trip with others. Have a friend or family member track your ride. You can do this through the “Share My ETA” option in most ride share apps.
- Know Your Surroundings. Be sure to track your location and final destination on your phone through your own maps app. This will ensure you driver is using the most efficient route and taking you to the proper destination.
- Ride in the Back. Riding in the backseat provides distance from the driver and allows for the ability to exit the vehicle if an incident occurs.
- Wear Your Seatbelt. Always where your seatbelt, just because you are in the backseat in someone else's car does not mean you're at less of a risk of being in an accident.
- Protect Yourself. From simple self defense moves to carrying a device like the Pulse+ or StrikeLight. Be sure you are able to handle any situation that may arise.
TASER is a trademark of Axon Enterprise, Inc., registered in the US and other countries. For more information, visit www.axon.com/legal. All rights reserved © 2019 Axon Enterprise, Inc. Facebook is a trademark of Facebook, Inc., and Instagram is a trademark of Instagram, LLC.