Summer is the time to get outside and enjoy the great outdoors. Often in this pursuit we forget or don't prioritize the little things that help keep us safe. Here are some tips to make sure you beat the heat and make the most of your summer adventures.
1) Hydrate. On long, hot summer days, it is essential to drink water all day long. Sip water constantly throughout the day to avoid dehydration.
2) Protect Yourself. Enjoy the summer sunshine, but be smart about it. Too much time unprotected in the sun can be dangerous. Be sure to apply sunscreen and wear sunglasses to protect yourself from the sun's rays. On days with extreme heat, be sure to stay inside during peak hours – or find some shade if you have to be outside.
3) Check the Weather. It's best to stay aware of your surroundings and be prepared. Take the time to know your weather forecast as it will help you to prepare for the day ahead.
4) Go Natural. Just like you enjoy being outside in the summer, so do the bugs. Whether you are heading to the beach or going for a hike, make sure not to wear heavily scented lotions, soaps or perfumes.
5) Prepare for Emergencies. Summertime brings an abundance of fun outdoor activities that can sometimes lead to accidents. Be sure to have a first-aid kit stocked and carry extra supplies such as food and water if venturing into the great outdoors for a hike or camping.
6) Be Prepared. Every hike is a new adventure, you never know what you may encounter – from an awesome surprise waterfall to actual wildlife. Be ready for any situation by packing extra clothing or a TASER StrikeLight for safety.
TASER, Pulse+, StrikeLight, The Lightning Club, and the "Bolt within Circle" logo are trademarks of Axon enterprise, Inc., some of which are registered in the United States and other countries. For more information, visit www.axon.com/legal. All rights reserved. © 2019 Axon Enterprise, Inc.
TASER is a trademarks of Axon Enterprise, Inc., some of which are registered in the US and other countries. For more information, visit www.axon.com/legal. All rights reserved. © 2019 Axon Enterprise, Inc.
Facebook is a trademark of Facebook, Inc., and Instagram is a trademark of Instagram, LLC.